President George W. Bush winds up to throw the ceremonial first pitch. (Haraz Ghanbari/AP)
Finally: Baseball's back in D.C.
As the capital hurtled toward the dusk of a new era, the popular rallying cry has been that people here have been waiting for this occasion for 34 years. It ended at 7:06 p.m. ET Thursday. Full story >
• MLB.com reports from the home opener: 350K
• Commissioner Selig visits the booth: 350K
• President Bush's ceremonial first pitch: 350K
• Team naming announcement on Fox 5: 350K
• Washington, D.C., press conference: 350K
• Manager Frank Robinson on D.C.: 350K
• Outfielder Brad Wilkerson on the move: 350K
The following are trademarks or service marks of Major League Baseball entities and may be used only with permission of Major League Baseball Properties, Inc. or the relevant Major League Baseball entity: Major League, Major League Baseball, MLB, the silhouetted batter logo, World Series, National League, American League, Division Series, League Championship Series, All-Star Game, and the names, nicknames, logos, uniform designs, color combinations, and slogans designating the Major League Baseball clubs and entities, and their respective mascots, events and exhibitions.