Washington Nationals Miracle Field
Located in South Germantown Recreational Park, the Washington Nationals Miracle Field serves as the home for the Miracle League of Montgomery County, which provides children with mental and/or physical challenges the opportunity to safely play baseball. The field incorporates a cushioned synthetic turf that allows children using wheelchairs and walkers to "run" the bases without fear of injury.
Construction of the field was funded in part by private contributions from the Washington Nationals Dream Foundation, The Annette M. and Theodore N. Lerner Family Foundation and the Kiwanis Club of Bethesda, as well as public funds from Montgomery County. The field is part of the larger park which also includes the Maryland SoccerPlex, a swim center, an archery range and a driving range.
"This partnership exemplifies both the Nationals' commitment to the community and the Dream Foundation's dedication to improving the lives of children in the National Capital region," Nationals Principal Owner and Dream Foundation Chair Marla Lerner Tanenbaum said. "We are proud to partner with these organizations to help make this field a reality for local children with special needs who will now have a place to play baseball."
- Washington Nationals Dream Foundation
- Annette M. and Theodore N. Lerner Family Foundation
- Washington Nationals
- Kiwanis Club of Bethesda
- Miracle League of Montgomery County
- Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission Montgomery Parks
- Montgomery County Recreation Department
About the Washington Nationals Miracle Field
- Provides children with mental and/or physical challenges an opportunity to play baseball as a team
- Serves children in Montgomery County, surrounding counties, Maryland, Washington DC and Virginia
- Located in South Germantown Recreational Park
17950 Germantown Park Drive
Germantown, MD 20874