7/18/2013 11:52 A.M. ET
Washington Nationals Homestand Highlights vs. Los Angeles Dodgers, Pittsburgh Pirates & New York Mets
Homestand includes split doubleheader against the Mets on Friday, July 26
By / MLB.com
Saturday, July 20
- Davey Johnson Bobblehead Presented by PNC Bank: The first 15,000 fans to enter Nationals Park through the Center Field Gate will receive a Davey Johnson bobblehead presented by PNC Bank. In addition to the 15,000 bobbleheads distributed at the Center Field Gate, fans will have the opportunity to obtain additional bobbleheads with the purchase of a Davey Johnson name and number T-shirt from the Nationals Clubhouse Main Team Store. This offer is ONLY available at the Nationals Clubhouse Main Team Store on the day of the giveaway. Limit of five per purchase, while supplies last.
- Harper's Heroes: Bryce Harper will host Harper's Heroes before the Nationals take the field against the Los Angeles Dodgers. In partnership with the Nationals and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Harper's Heroes is a season-long program that treats families affected by childhood cancers to a fun-filled day at Nationals Park. The VIP experience includes a private meet and greet with Harper as well as a special batting practice viewing, T-shirts and tickets to the game, complete with NatsBucks.
Sunday, July 21
- Kids Arm Sleeve Giveaway: The first 10,000 fans ages 12 and under to enter Nationals Park through the Center Field Gate will receive a free kids arm sleeve presented by the Potomac Nationals.
Monday, July 22
- $1 Monday: Nationals fans will have the opportunity to buy hot dogs, peanuts and popcorn for just $1 each in select locations until the start of the 6th inning or while supplies last. Some restrictions apply.
- Warren Spahn Award Presentation: Nationals pitcher Gio Gonzalez will be presented with the 2012 Warren Spahn Award on the field before the team faces the Pirates. Named after Hall of Famer Warren Spahn, the annual Spahn Award honors the best left handed pitcher based on wins, earned run average and strikeouts.
Tuesday, July 23
- PLAY Clinic: Nationals trainers and coaches will host the 2013 PLAY Clinic to educate local youth about the importance of leading healthy and active lives. Participants will learn about various topics including healthy eating, injury prevention, strength and conditioning and the dangers of steroid abuse. PLAY, which stands for Promoting a Lifetime of Activity for Youth, is a public awareness campaign founded by the Professional Baseball Athletic Trainers Society in partnership with the Taylor Hooton Foundation and MLB Charities.
- Span's Fans: Nationals center fielder Denard Span will host his once-a-month "Span's Fans" event before the team takes on the Pirates. Span's Fans is a season-long program that treats children from single-parent families to a day of Nationals baseball. The group will enjoy a private meet and greet with Span as well as a special batting practice viewing and tickets to the game, complete with NatsBucks.
Thursday, July 25
- Camp Day: The Nationals will celebrate the ninth annual Camp Day by welcoming various children's programs to Nationals Park. Groups from local Boys & Girls Clubs, YMCA's, community centers, sports camps, daycare centers, religious youth programs and more are invited to enjoy $15 tickets that include one game ticket, parking and a meal voucher for a small hot dog, small soda and bag of chips. Tickets are available in the Outfield Reserve, Outfield Gallery, Infield Gallery, Lower Right Field Terrace and Upper Infield Gallery. Camp Day attendees will also receive special Nationals wristbands. To purchase tickets, go to nationals.com/campday.
- K Street Cocktails - Dream Foundation Fundraiser: The Washington Nationals Dream Foundation will host K Street Cocktails to benefit the Washington Nationals Youth Baseball Academy and other foundation cornerstone projects. Guests will enjoy small plates, cocktails, a silent auction and the opportunity to meet Nationals front office executives. The event will take place at the new Teddy & the Bully Bar from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. For more information or to purchase tickets, call 202.640.7124.
Friday, July 26 - SPLIT Doubleheader
- Split Doubleheader: The Nationals will play a split doubleheader against the Mets on Friday, July 26 with the rescheduled June 6 game beginning at 1:35 p.m. The two games will require separate admission and fans must exit the ballpark after the conclusion of the first game. Gates for the regularly scheduled 7:05 p.m. game will open 1.5 hours after the last out of the 1:35 p.m. game or 6:00 p.m., whichever is later.
- Nationals T-Shirt Giveaway Presented by MASN: The first 20,000 fans to enter Nationals Park through the Center Field Gate for the 7:05 p.m. game against the Mets will receive a Nationals T-shirt.
Saturday, July 27
- Nationals Toys for Tots Drive: Fans are encouraged to donate new, unwrapped toys during the annual Toys for Tots drive outside the Center Field Gate. The U.S. Marine Corps Reserve and the Toys for Tots Foundation will distribute the collected toys to nonprofit organizations and hospital pediatric wards in the D.C. area during the holidays. Donations will be collected at the Center Field Gate from the time gates open at 1:30 p.m. until the end of the second inning.
- Scout Day #3: Youth scout groups from across the region are invited to Nationals Park for the third Scout Day event of the season. Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Brownies, Cub Scouts, Daisies, Eagle Scouts and other groups will receive a commemorative Nationals scouting patch for participating in the event. For more information, visit nationals.com/scout or call 202.675.NATS(6287).
Sunday, July 28
- Peanut Free Day #3: The third of four Peanut Free games will offer fans with peanut allergies the opportunity to enjoy an afternoon at the ballpark in a peanut free environment from one of three Party Suites. Tickets for this event and the remaining Peanut Free game on Sept. 15 are SOLD OUT. For more information, visit nationals.com/groups.
PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION
Visit nationals.com/waytogo for information on parking and additional routes to Nationals Park. To receive up-to-date WMATA service notifications on a mobile device, fans are encouraged to register for Alert DC at https://textalert.ema.dc.gov/.
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.