6/19/2013 11:13 A.M. ET
Weekend Roundup: Washington Nationals vs. Colorado Rockies
2013 MLB In-Park All-Star Balloting Presented by Firestone ends June 25
By / MLB.com
Only a few days remain for Nationals fans to show their support for their favorite players by punching All-Star ballots at balloting stations around Nationals Park. Fans have until Tuesday, June 25 to earn a variety of prizes based on the number of ballots they complete by visiting the All-Star Ballot Redemption Station located at the top of Section 109 through the end of the 4th inning. Redemption prizes include "I Voted" stickers (all participants), Nationals prize pack* (1,000), two tickets to a future game* (5,000), a spot for the Starting 9 plus two tickets to that game* (10,000) and four PNC Lounge tickets* (15,000). Online ballots will be accepted until July 4 at nationals.com/vote, so vote now and vote often for your favorite Nationals players!
The Washington Post will also present the second of five "5 Series" promotions throughout the upcoming homestand (June 20-23 and 25-27), featuring special offers such as $5 tickets, $5 beer and more. The "5 Series" exclusive concession coupons can be found in the Wednesday, June 19 edition of The Washington Post, along with a collectable Ian Desmond image.*
*Some restrictions apply, while supplies last.
Thursday, June 20
- U.S. Army Night: As one of five Military Branch Days this season, the Nationals will honor the United States Army by featuring service members throughout the pregame ceremonies:
- Ceremonial First Pitch thrown by Command Sergeant David O. Turnbull, Joint Force Headquarters, National Capital Region & U.S. Army Military District of Washington
- National Anthem will be performed by the U.S. Army Chorus
- Game Ball Delivery by Lieutenant General William J. Troy, Director of the Army Staff
- God Bless America will be performed by Sergeant First Class Christal Rheams, U.S. Army Chorus
- U.S. Army Drill Team will perform in Center Field
- $1 Ice Cream Night: New for 2013, Nationals fans will have the opportunity to purchase select ice cream novelties for just $1 at participating concessions stands until the start of the sixth inning or while supplies last. Some restrictions apply.
Saturday, June 22
- 2013 Dream Gala: The Nationals will "Paint the Town Red" at the eighth annual Dream Gala in the Shakespeare Theatre Company's Sidney Harman Hall. Guests will have the opportunity to mingle with Nationals players and coaches at the event, which serves as the primary fundraiser for the Washington Nationals Dream Foundation.
New this year, the Dream Gala will feature two simultaneous receptions and silent auctions before the Theatre Program emceed by MASN analysts Bob Carpenter and F. P. Santangelo, as well as a live auction hosted by Nationals broadcasters Charlie Slowes and Dave Jageler. Guests and players will then enjoy dessert to close the evening's festivities.
- Baseball Tote Giveaway Presented by MASN: The first 20,000 fans to enter Nationals Park through Center Field Gate will receive a Baseball Tote.
- Peanut Free Day #2: The second of four Peanut Free games will offer fans with peanut allergies the opportunity to enjoy an afternoon at the ballpark in a peanut free environment from one of three Party Suites. Tickets for this event and the remaining Peanut Free games on July 28 and September 15 are SOLD OUT. For more information, visit nationals.com/groups.
- Kids Run the Bases: Nationals fans ages 4-12 can enjoy a special Saturday session of Kids Run the Bases immediately following the game, weather permitting.
Sunday, June 23
- Bryce Harper Bobblehead Presented by PNC Bank: The first 15,000 fans to enter Nationals Park through Center Field Gate will receive a Bryce Harper bobblehead presented by PNC Bank. Fans will also have the opportunity to receive a bobblehead with the purchase of any Bryce Harper T-shirt or jersey from the Nationals Clubhouse Main Team Store. This offer is ONLY available at the Nationals Clubhouse Main Team Store on the day of the giveaway, while supplies last.
- Scout Day #2: Youth scout groups from across the region are invited to Nationals Park for the second Scout Day event of the season. Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Brownies, Cub Scouts, Daisies, Eagle Scouts and all other scouts in attendance will receive a commemorative Nationals scouting patch. For more information, visit nationals.com/scout or call 202.675.NATS(6287).
PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION
Visit nationals.com/waytogo for information on parking and additional routes to Nationals Park. To receive up-to-date WMATA service notifications on a mobile device, fans are encouraged to register for Alert DC at https://textalert.ema.dc.gov/.
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.