Nationals Press Release
Washington Nationals Homestand Highlights vs. Los Angeles Dodgers
Don't miss out on the chance to see two of the National League's most exciting teams go head to head as part of a three-game homestand starting Monday, May 5
TUESDAY, MAY 6
- Federal Workforce Day Presented by Kaiser Permanente: In celebration of Public Service Recognition Week, the Nationals and Kaiser Permanente will pay special tribute to federal public servants. Office of Personnel Management Director Katherine Archuleta will throw out the ceremonial first pitch as a representative and champion for the hard-working and dedicated federal workforce. Pregame ceremonies will also include recognition of the 2014 Samuel J. Heyman Service to America Medal finalists and the 2013 Federal Employees of the Year, in coordination with Partnership for Public Service.
- Eco-Friendly Shopping Bag Presented by MLB Network: The first 25,000 fans to enter Nationals Park through ALL GATES will receive an Eco-Friendly Shopping Bag presented by MLB Network.
- MLB All-Stars Teachers Campaign: Fans have until Tuesday, May 6 to nominate an outstanding teacher at AllStarTeachers.com for the chance to represent their favorite team at the 2014 All-Star Game in Minneapolis. As part of the "Target Presents PEOPLE All-Star Teachers" campaign, Major League Baseball, Target and PEOPLE have partnered to celebrate remarkable current and retired teachers who make an impact on the lives of their students and communities. On June 6, three finalists representing the Nationals will be announced, and fans will be able to vote for the Nationals All-Star representative throughout the month of June.
- Span's Fans: Nationals center fielder Denard Span will host "Span's Fans" before the team takes the field. In its second year, Span's Fans is a season-long program that treats children from single-parent families to an evening of Nationals baseball. The group will enjoy a private meet and greet with Denard as well as special batting practice viewing and tickets complete with NatsBucks. Participants are selected in partnership with local single-parent family and youth baseball organizations.
WEDNESDAY, may 7
- Weather Day: The Nationals will welcome back members of the FOX 5 Weather Team to Nationals Park for their annual interactive presentation on weather and how it affects a Nationals baseball game. Discounted game tickets are available for local students, faculty and parents in select seating areas starting at just $10. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit nationals.com/weather or call 202.675.NATS(6287)
- Peet's Coffee Sampling: Peet's Coffee & Tea will host a coffee sampling from their mobile barista truck outside the Center Field Gate at Nationals Park. Fans entering the ballpark will be able to sample Peet's rich, flavorful coffee and receive free K-cups and coupons. Nationals Park proudly serves Peet's Coffee & Tea, which will be opening numerous locations throughout the D.C. metropolitan area this year.
PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION
Visit nationals.com/waytogo for information on parking and additional routes to Nationals Park. To receive up-to-date WMATA service notifications on a mobile device, fans are encouraged to register for Alert DC at https://textalert.ema.dc.gov/. New for 2014, MLB.com's popular At The Ballpark mobile app now includes an integrated Metro Trip Planner. For game tickets and more information call 202.675.NATS(6287) or visit nationals.com/tickets.