Nationals Press Release
Washington Nationals homestand highlights vs. Philadelphia Phillies and Miami Marlins
Wednesday, August 1
- PLAY Clinic at Nationals Park: Nationals head athletic trainer Lee Kuntz, assistant athletic trainer Mike McGowan and Nationals players Steve Lombardozzi* and Tyler Moore* will host, teach and work with 75 children from across the D.C. area on how to train in a healthy way without taking performance-enhancing drugs that could put their lives and health at risk. Promoting a Lifetime of Activity for Youth (PLAY) is a public awareness campaign developed by the Professional Baseball Athletic Trainers Society (PBATS) in 2004 to combat childhood obesity. *Players subject to change.
- IAVA Night Presented by Miller High Life: The Washington Nationals will honor local military veterans as part of the annual Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA) Night, presented by Miller High Life. The evening will begin at 5:30 p.m. with a special pregame event at the 1st Street Party Tent. Select veterans will also participate in the pregame ceremonies before the Nationals take on the Philadelphia Phillies at 7:05 p.m.
The night will mark the third game of the 2012 Patriotic Series, during which Nationals players and coaches will wear the team’s patriotic uniforms featuring the Stars and Stripes Curly “W.” For more information or to purchase tickets to the game, visit nationals.com/patriotic.
Friday, August 3
- Nationals vs. Marlins Doubleheader: The Nationals will host the rescheduled April 22 Nationals-Marlins game as part of a traditional, single-admission doubleheader. The first game will begin at 4:05 p.m., while the second matchup will follow at 7:05 p.m. or later, depending on the completion of the first game.
All tickets for the postponed April 22 game can be exchanged at the Nationals Park Box Office for seats of equal or lesser value to the August 3 doubleheader or any remaining regular or value home game during the 2012 regular season, subject to availability. Tickets for the August 3 game will be valid for both games of the doubleheader. For more information on exchanging tickets purchased through nationals.com or over the phone, please call 888.632.NATS(6287).
Saturday, August 4
- Picnic in the Park: From 1:30 to 4:30 p.m., Season Ticket Holders are invited to join Nationals players, coaches and team personnel for a fun-filled afternoon at Nationals Park. This year’s Picnic in the Park will give fans of all ages the chance to interact with their favorite Nationals personalities and participate in a variety of activities, including unique Q&A sessions and contests, player autograph/photo stations and the opportunity to watch Celebrity Batting Practice. All attendees must have an August 4 game ticket for admission as well as a Picnic in the Park pass, which was included in each season ticket package.
- 2012 Heart and Hustle Award: The Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association (MLBPAA) will present Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper with the 2012 Heart and Hustle Award, an award that honors active players who demonstrate a passion for the game of baseball and best embody the values, spirit, and tradition of the game. Harper was chosen as the Nationals recipient for the award by MLBPAA committees comprised of alumni players who based their selections on the passion, desire and work ethic demonstrated both on and off the field.
- T-Shirt Giveaway Presented by MASN and DC50: The first 20,000 fans to enter Nationals Park through the Center Field Gates will receive a Washington Nationals T-shirt presented by MASN and DC50.
Sunday, August 5
- Michael Morse Bobblehead Giveaway Presented by PNC Bank: The first 15,000 fans to enter Nationals Park through the Center Field Gates will receive a Michael Morse bobblehead presented by PNC Bank. One item will be distributed per person, per ticket, based on availability.
PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION
PLEASE NOTE: Expect Delays on the Red and Orange lines due to Metro Weekend Track Work
Fans planning to utilize Metro’s Red and Orange lines to attend Nationals games against the Marlins this weekend are encouraged to add at least 30 minutes to their travel time due to scheduled weekend track maintenance and station closings. For a list of stations affected by the weekend track work, visit wmata.com. Visit nationals.com/waytogo for information on parking and additional routes to Nationals Park.