Nationals Press Release
Washington Nationals homestand highlights vs. New York Mets and Atlanta Braves
The Washington Nationals will kick off the second half of the season with two series against their National League rivals the New York Mets and the Atlanta Braves beginning Tuesday, July 17 at Nationals Park.
The weekend series will include a split doubleheader between the Braves, as well as the second NatsLive Post-Game Concert featuring The Wallflowers and the weekend-long Christmas in July Toy Drive to benefit the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program. Additional events and initiatives for the series include the following:
Thursday, July 19
- Camp Day: The Nationals will celebrate the eighth annual Camp Day by welcoming a variety of summer children’s programs to Nationals Park. Groups from local Boys & Girls Clubs, YMCA’s, community centers, sports camps, daycare centers, church youth programs and more are invited to take advantage of $15 tickets that include one game ticket, parking and a meal voucher for a small hot dog, small soda and bag of chips. Tickets are available in the Outfield Reserve, Outfield Gallery, Infield Gallery, Lower Right Field Terrace, and Upper Infield Gallery. Camp Day attendees will also receive special Nationals wristbands. For more information or to purchase tickets, go to nationals.com/campday.
Friday, july 20
- Beer Stein Giveaway presented by Miller Lite: The first 10,000 fans ages 21 and up to enter Nationals Park through Center Field Gate will receive a free beer stein presented by Miller Lite.
- Christmas in July Toy Drive: Beginning Friday, the Nationals will host their annual toy drive to benefit the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots program. Uniformed U.S. Marines will collect donations of new, unwrapped toys for kids of all ages outside the Center Field Gates from the time gates open through the second inning. The toys collected will be distributed to nonprofit organizations and hospital pediatric wards throughout the D.C. Metropolitan area.
Saturday, JULY 21
- Nationals vs. Braves Split Doubleheader: The team will host the rescheduled June 1 Nationals-Braves game as part of a split doubleheader, with the first game beginning at 1:05 p.m. The second game will begin at approximately 7:05 p.m. with gates opening no earlier than 5:30 p.m., depending on when the first game is completed.
The two games against the Braves on July 21 will require separate admission and all fans must exit the ballpark following the conclusion of the first game. Fans who plan to park in a Nationals parking lot for both games of Saturday’s doubleheader must have a pass for each game in order to remain in the lot for the second game of the doubleheader. All vehicles without a parking pass for the second game of the doubleheader must exit the parking lots within 30 minutes of the end of the first game.
Season Ticket Holders and Mini Plan Holders with game tickets to the postponed June 1 contest may use their original tickets to the 1:05 p.m. game, while Red Carpet Rewards tickets and single game tickets from the postponed June 1 contest will need to be exchanged for equal or lesser value tickets.
For more information on exchanging tickets purchased through nationals.com or the Nationals telephone charge line, please call 888.632.NATS(6287).
- NatsLive Post-Game Concert Series Presents The Wallflowers: The second FREE concert of the NatsLive Post-Game Concert Series will feature Los Angeles-based rock band The Wallflowers, following the 7:05 p.m. game. The concert is free with every 7:05 p.m. game ticket.
Fans who want a closer view of the concert will have the opportunity to purchase a field pass for just $20. Passes will be available the day of the game at the Sales kiosk at Center Field Plaza while supplies last.
The Wallflowers will release their sixth studio album this fall on Columbia Records. Known for their hits including “One Headlight,” “6th Avenue Heartache” and “Heroes,” the two-time Grammy Award winning band’s album Bringing Down the Horse has been certified platinum four times since its release.
- Christmas in July Toy Drive: The Nationals will host their annual toy drive to benefit the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots program before gates open for the second game of the split doubleheader. Uniformed U.S. Marines will collect donations of new, unwrapped toys for kids of all ages outside of Center Field Gates through the second inning.
sunday, july 22
- Kids T-Shirt Giveaway: The first 10,000 fans ages 12 and under to enter Nationals Park through Center Field Gates will receive a free T-shirt presented by the Potomac Nationals.
- Christmas in July Toy Drive: Uniformed U.S. Marines will collect donations of new, unwrapped toys for kids of all ages outside of Center Field Gates through the second inning on the final day of the weekend-long toy drive to benefit the Toys for Tots program.
PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION
PLEASE NOTE: Expect Delays on the Red line due to Metro Weekend Track Work
Fans planning to utilize Metro’s Red line to attend Nationals games against the Braves this weekend are encouraged to add at least 30 minutes to their travel time due to scheduled evening and weekend track maintenance and station closings. For a list of stations affected by the weekend track work, visit wmata.com. Visit nationals.com/waytogo for information on parking and additional routes to Nationals Park.