Nationals Press Release
Washington Nationals Homestand Highlights vs. San Francisco Giants
Stars and Stripes series will celebrate the American spirit
Tuesday, july 3
- Ignite Your Natitude Tweet-up: The Washington Nationals will host the inaugural Ignite Your Natitude Tweet-up at Nationals Park before and during the July 3 game against the San Francisco Giants. The event will feature exclusive giveaways, scavenger hunts and special guests, while offering a unique, interactive fan experience for all @Nationals Twitter followers in attendance. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit nationals.com/tweetup.
- Washington Nationals Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Players: Saul Bosquez and Matt Kinsey, both members of the Washington Nationals Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team, will visit Nationals Park on July 3 and 4 and will be available for media interviews. Bosquez and Kinsey were recently named to the star-studded roster for the 2012 Taco Bell All-Star Legends & Celebrity Softball Game at Kaufman Stadium in Kansas City. The game will air on ESPN at 10:30 p.m. on Monday, July 9.
- Patriotic Post-Game Fireworks: Following the game, Nationals fans can enjoy a fireworks display presented by Travel Channel.
Wednesday, July 4
- Fourth of July at Nationals Park: In honor of Independence Day, the Nationals will host the second game of the 2012 Patriotic Series and invite all fans, including members of the military and their families, to celebrate the American spirit by enjoying the national pastime at Nationals Park.
The team will incorporate various patriotic gameday elements to pay tribute to those who risk their lives to protect our country. Nationals players, coaches, Screech and the Nat Pack will also wear uniforms featuring the Patriotic Curly “W” to commemorate the day. These efforts will supplement the various patriotic programs already in effect at Nationals Park, including the In-Game Military Salute during every home game and the USO “Me and a Friend” initiative at Sunday home games. For more information, or to purchase tickets for the 2012 Patriotic Series, visit nationals.com/patriotic.
- Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff: Admiral James A. Winnefeld, Jr., Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, will throw out the Ceremonial First Pitch and will be available to speak to media.
- Brunch and Baseball: From 9:00 a.m. until 12:30 p.m., fans can enjoy a brunch buffet at the Red Porch Restaurant. Visit nationals.com/brunch for more information, including a full brunch menu. In addition, breakfast items will be available at the Dupont Deli and Grand Slam concession stands on the Concourse Level as well as in the Stars and Stripes Club.
Thursday, july 5
Turn Back the Clock Night: Fans are invited to join the Nationals in celebrating the 1924 Washington Senators (also referred to as the Nationals at the time) during Turn Back the Clock Night, presented by WB Mason. Both the Nationals and the Giants (then known as the New York Giants) will wear replica 1924 uniforms, while gameday staff, grounds crew, Screech and the Racing Presidents will be dressed in 1920’s attire. Additional festivities for the evening include:
- Replica 1924 World Series scorecards will be distributed to the first 10,000 fans to enter Nationals Park through Center Field Gate
- Special offers on concessions - fans will be able to buy one hot dog, peanuts or popcorn at regular price and get another of the same item for five cents
- A performance by Ben Mauger’s Roaring 20’s Jazz Orchestra at the Miller Lite Scoreboard Walk
- Video tributes to the 1924 Senators
- Organ music throughout the game
- Replica Truck Giveaway: The first 15,000 fans to enter Nationals Park through Center Field Gate will receive a free replica truck presented by WB Mason.
PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION
To accommodate riders taking part in the holiday festivities on Wednesday, July 4, Metro will operate extended service from 7 a.m. to midnight, with near rush hour service expected from 6 p.m. to midnight. Fans are encouraged to allow for extra travel time. Visit nationals.com/waytogo for information on parking and additional routes to Nationals Park.