Nationals Press Release
Weekend Roundup: Washington Nationals vs. Atlanta Braves
Dierks Bentley to open NatsLive Post-Game Concert Series with FREE performance following Nationals-Braves June 2 game
FRIDAY, JUNE 1
- Trombone World Record: Arena Stage at the Mead Center for American Theater will partner with FAME (The Foundation for the Advancement of Music & Education, Inc.) to bring together more than 500 trombone players at Nationals Park in an attempt to set the world record for the largest all-trombone ensemble. The orchestra will perform the classic "76 Trombones" from the musical "The Music Man" on the field at 6:30 p.m. before the Nationals open their series with the Atlanta Braves.
SATURDAY, JUNE 2
- NatsLive Post-Game Concert Series Presents Dierks Bentley: After Saturday's matchup against the Braves, Nationals fans will be treated to a free concert featuring Dierks Bentley, the multi-platinum selling country artist known for his hit singles "Home," "What Was I Thinkin'," "Come a Little Closer" and "Sideways." Those who wish to attend the free concert must have a valid ticket for the Nationals-Braves June 2 game. The concert will begin approximately 15 minutes after the final out. The remaining two concerts of the NatsLive Post-Game Concert Series will feature performances by The Wallflowers on July 21 and Third Eye Blind on August 18. For more information, visit nationals.com/concerts.
- Pups in the Park: Nationals fans and their canine friends will enjoy the Nationals-Braves game from the designated Pup Zone in the Family Picnic Area, which will feature representatives from the Washington Humane Society, NOVA Dog and Fetch! While tickets for the June 2 event are SOLD OUT, fans may still purchase tickets to the upcoming Pups in the Park dates on July 7 and September 22. Owner tickets are available for $22, while dog tickets cost $8 and benefit the Washington Humane Society. To purchase tickets to future dates, visit nationals.com/pups or call 202.675.NATS(6287).
SUNDAY, JUNE 3
- Ryan Zimmerman Kids Jersey Giveaway: The first 10,000 fans ages 12 and under to enter Nationals Park through the Center Field Gates will receive a Ryan Zimmerman Kids Jersey, presented by MASN. This is the rescheduled date for the giveaway, which was originally planned for April 22. For more details on promotional items, visit nationals.com/promotions.
- Youth Baseball Equipment Drive: The Nationals will once again team up with the Baseball Tomorrow Fund to collect new and gently-used baseball and softball equipment such as gloves, baseballs, bats and helmets. Fans can drop off equipment outside the Center Field Gates from the time gates open until the end of the third inning. Equipment collected during the drive will be donated to the D.C. Department of Parks and Recreation in support of its youth baseball programs in the city. In addition, the agency will receive a $5,000 grant from the Baseball Tomorrow Fund to purchase new equipment.
- Youth Baseball and Softball Day: Youth baseball and softball teams from all over D.C., Maryland and Virginia are invited to celebrate Youth Baseball Day at Nationals Park. Participants will enjoy an on-field parade before the Nationals take on the Braves at 1:35 p.m.
- Scout Day: Youth scout groups from across the region are invited to Nationals Park for the first of four 2012 Scout Day events. Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Brownies, Cub Scouts, Daisies, Eagle Scouts and other groups will receive a commemorative Nationals scouting patch. In addition, the individual scout and scout group with the highest popcorn sales will take part in a pregame recognition party and on-field ceremonies. For more information call 202.675.NATS(6287).
PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION
PLEASE NOTE: Expect Delays on ALL Metro Lines due to Weekend Track Work
Fans planning to utilize Metro to attend Nationals games against the Braves June 2-3 are encouraged to add at least 20 minutes to their planned travel time due to scheduled station closings and weekend track maintenance. Visit nationals.com/waytogo for information on parking and additional routes to Nationals Park.